Custom Engineered Vibration Solutions
MODEL 56000 HIGH PERFORMANCE VIBRATION SYSTEM:
Testing a supercomputer poses some unique challenges. Subassemblies and components need to be evaluated for reliability as well as the much larger completed system. One of the world’s top supercomputing companies approached Lansmont about designing a vibration system capable of not only testing sub-assemblies, but also the entire supercomputer itself.
The Model 56000 High Performance Vibration System includes two 48 x 48 in. (122 x 122 cm) tables. Each table is fitted to actuators controlled by High Performance Servo Valves. The two tables are controlled in unison to provide a 48 x 96 in. (122 x 244 cm) test surface capable of handling 8000 lbs. (3628 kg), with performance to 500 Hz.
MODEL MH-15K MATERIAL HANDLING TEST SYSTEM:
- Basiloid is a unique forklift fixture used to handle large products during warehousing and vehicle loading.
- Special packaging designs are needed to facilitate material handling with basiloid fork trucks.
- No test system existed to simulate the dynamics associated with this unique mode of handling.
- Original method of simulation, using real forklifts and drivers was neither efficient or repeatable.
- The MH‐15K Material Handling Test System essentially combines a hydraulic vibration system with a forklift mast for realistic simulation of handling conditions.
- For this custom application, a Basiloid fixture was attached to the standard forklift mast, which is then attached to the hydraulic actuator.
- Employing Field-to-Lab technology, the MH-15K is capable of performing time‐history replications of SAVER 3X90 data collected from actual fork trucks.